Friday, December 23, 2011

Winter Solstice

A couple of months ago I set up my Etsy shop. I set aside a lot of fear I had in putting my art out there for all to see. And in doing so the universe brought me to connect with so many blogs with so many sweet souls that have touched me in ways they may never know. One of these blogs is Pixie Campbell's. I started to read her postings just as she was mentioning the upcoming winter solstice and her intentions for a releasing ceremony. This ritual release is in her words "a way to "bind the medicine" of moving beyond the past, the pain, the obstacles, the resistance, the old traps, the excuses."

This is something I've never celebrated. Normally winter is a tough time for me, long days, cold nights, craving the warm sun on my face. I felt moved reading Pixie's words, so I sat down and wrote the things that tug my heart down and hold me back.





































I don't have a fireplace or fire pit so I created my bundle and burned it in an old coffee cup.























What an amazing feeling to literally throw those things you no longer need into the fire and watch them crumble away! Once the fire burned out I put the ashes in my compost, perhaps those negatives can become a new life in my garden in the spring.





















I sat for a while and watched the sun set thinking of what great things can now fill my heart in 2012. What intentions I will set. I invite you to join in, what will you release and let go?

No comments:

Post a Comment