Friday, August 3, 2012

Rediscovering a Old Love























You know that moment when you rediscover a lost love? When you realize the thing you’ve been doing everyday is kind of it, but not really, and you began to hate what it has become but then something clicks and you fall in love again? Yea, that moment. Just. Had. It.

Hello my Dear computer,
I’m sorry I have been neglecting you for so long. You see I sit in front of you every day and create boring ads for Medicare. I get asked to find images of Hispanic people (but they can’t be too dark). I get asked to show we are cutting edge by showing an image of a machete (not just a knife) cutting the top of a pineapple off (mind you, again, we create Medicare marketing materials – can you say not appropriate!)

But I digress…

I grew to despise you. On Sunday nights the thought of having to sit in front of you for the next 5 days made me drink numerous glasses of wine and sit in a stupor of irritation.

But lately I’ve remembered how you help me and what I love most about you. So let me reintroduce myself, my name is Joanna and I’m a graphic artist (it has taken me over 10 years to say that with some sort of confidence) and when I create from my heart and for my souls work, we make beautiful magic. You help me combine sexy art made from my hands with amazing photo-technology. You help me show the depths of my imagination and bring the seeds I’ve planted to life.

Now while the computer I use at ‘work’ is a substandard PC that I often want to throw into a busy street so various people can run it over multiple times. I love you my Apple and I am back, ready to create, to draw visual notes that will make people’s heart sing. I am ready to share with others the great work you and I do and how it can help them too!

Look out world, my Apple and I are back in a heated relationship and it’s gonna get steamy!



























1 comment:

  1. Oh la la! Sounds like the re-beginning of a wonderful romance :) I can't wait to see what you create!

    xoxo

    p.s. It's be so fun to collaborate with you sometime ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete